This household is happy with the change of meal planning. Before meal planning, I stuck to our stable meals. These stable meals included, tacos, spaghetti, beef stroganoff, and so forth. I am embarrassed to say that we had tacos some weeks two to three times a week. Which was easy, quick to throw together, and everybody loved them. I knew there had to be change for two reasons. The first is when I prepared tacos again, and my son looked at his dinner and said, “Again?” The second was I started realizing that this was not a healthy lifestyle I wanted to promote for my family.
Since starting meal planning, I have not repeated a meal twice! Our family is getting a nice variety and we are trying delicious recipes. Ones that we will for sure want to try again!
This week we were not able to try all the meals. My mother invited us over for some delicious salmon dinner on Thursday night and Friday we went on a family date to Red Lobster! Plans can change and we are ok with that.
Monday we made the Easy Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole. Everyone loved it. We did not have any left overs of this casserole, because everyone went back for more. This recipe teaches you how to make your own cream of chicken soup. You can make this gluten-free. We loved the goey, cheesiness of this casserole.
Tuesday we made Pesto Chicken Roll-Ups. These did not disappoint. I truly wished we made more. One mistake I made, was that I did not pound the chicken thin enough on some of the chicken rolls I made. I learned that you really want the chicken thin, not only to make it easier to roll, but also to make the chicken tender and moist. The thinner the chicken was, the more flavorful those bites were. The combination of tomato, pesto, mozzarella, and the chicken was perfect! Each ingredient complimented the other superbly. Although this was one of my favorite meals, the babies did not care much for it! Isabel and Elijah loved it though!
The win for the week was the Healthy Turkey Tacos. As mentioned, I made tacos often before. Honestly I never did anything fancy with them. Usually I just brown the meat and add taco seasoning for flavor. For these tacos I followed the recipe from Culinary Hill. My family loved these tacos. I talking all four of my kids finished everything off their plates. Major win for this mom! The best part was that I knew my kids were all enjoying something nutritious for their bodies. I have a hard time getting my babies to eat protein.
Meal Plan for the Week of February 11th – 17th
- Gluten free cereal: Cheerios, corn Chex, rice Chex
- Eggs, gluten-free toast
- Fresh fruit
- Gluten-free waffles
- Gluten-free chicken nuggets (found at 99 cent store) and carrots
- Sandwich – egg and cheese sandwich, ham and avocado sandwich, Tuna Sandwich, salmon patties
- Cucumbers Sandwich
- Leftovers from dinner
Dinners Monday – Sunday
- Mexican Zucchini Beef Skillet from Low Carb Yum. Find recipe here.
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole from Recipes to Nourish | Real Food GF Recipes + Natual Living. Find recipe here.
- Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips. Find recipe here.
- Cabbage Lasagna from Low Carb Yum. Find recipe here.
- Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce from Shawn Williams | Kitchen Swagger . Find recipe here.
- Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup from Pinch of Yum. Find recipe here.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable
- String Cheese
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 Bacon Slices
- 4 pounds of Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 5 oz Baby spinach, fresh
- 2 zucchini
- 2 lemon
- 3 yellow onion
- mixed veggies
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Light cream or half and half
- Sour Cream
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
3 tbsp Butter
1 cup Nancy’s organic whole milk yogurt
- 10 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis
- chilli powder
- ground cumin
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- onion flakes
- brown rice
- beef broth
- tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- tomato sauce
- Poultry Seasoning
4 cups Chicken broth
2 12 ounce cans Evaporated milk2 1lb. packages Delallo mini potato gnocchi